An index created by GPT to organize external information and answer queries
About GPT Index
GPT Index is a project consisting of a set of data structures designed to make it easier to use large external knowledge bases with LLMs. GPT Index helps to provide the following advantages:
- Remove concerns over prompt size limitations.
- Abstract common usage patterns to reduce boilerplate code in your LLM app.
- Provide data connectors to your common data sources (Google Docs, Slack, etc.).
- Provide cost transparency + tools that reduce cost while increasing performance.
Each data structure offers distinct use cases and a variety of customizable parameters. These indices can then be queried in a general purpose manner, in order to achieve any task that you would typically achieve with an LLM:
- Text Generation (Stories, TODO's, emails, etc.)
- and more!