ChatGPT directly within Google Docs as an Editor Add-on
Bring ChatGPT inside Google Docs and MS Word.
How to get started
- Google Docs
- MS Word
Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format text documents. Collaboratively edit documents with other people in real time.
Get the template: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N7qvw5mZdVe2u2IQ5pnVDmUjHsLEfq9_Z0Tf8PHloZA/edit?usp=sharing
Make a copy of the document
- Type something in your Google Doc
- Select your question, or whatever text you want to send to ChatGPT
- Use the extension!
- Accept the Authorization request & sign into google
- Click Advanced, go to ChatGPT & allow the scopes required
- Get your result!
Open a new word document
Enable the Developer Tab on Word
Create a new macro with the name AddToShortcut
Copy the code in
wordGPT/ask.basof this repo, and paste it into the Word VBA Editor
Tools > Referencesin the navbar <br>
Search for Microsoft Scripting Runtime and enable it <br>
Click OK and Save the file containing the code you pasted.
Right click selected text in Word and click
- Wait for your result! (Word may become temporarily unresponsive while waiting for the result)